BIG EAST announce 2022-23 Slate, Seton Hall schedule now complete
NEW YORK – The Seton Hall men’s basketball team will announce a 20-game BIG EAST Conference slate on Saturday, Dec. 17, when the Pirates host defending regular-season champion Providence in a televised FOX game at nationwide at the Prudential Center as the league announced the full 2022. -23 schedule on Friday.
Season tickets for all 15 men’s basketball games at the Prudential Center are on sale for both the general population and Seton Hall University students.
For more information on subscriptions, call the box office at (973) 275-4255 during regular business hours or email email@example.com. Mini-maps and single-game tickets will go on sale later this fall. All tickets in 2022-23 are mobile and fans can download the SHU Pirates mobile app on all iOS and android smartphones to manage their tickets through the account manager.
Led by new head coach and alumnus of Seton Hall Shaheen Holloway ’00, the Pirates are set to compete for the BIG EAST Championship and another trip to the NCAA Tournament. Seton Hall has won two conference titles in the past seven seasons and reached the NCAA in five of the last six tournaments played. Seton Hall has a wealth of experience on the roster with five Pirates returning from last season and five transfers that combine for 13 years of Div. I have basketball experience. In total, this veteran Seton Hall team played in 775 career college games and had 6,019 points, 2,971 rebounds and 1,072 assists.
Fans interested in premium seating options at the Prudential Center for Seton Hall home games can find out more at prucenter.com/premium.
Here are some notes on the 2022-23 schedule:
- The Pirates will face all 10 BIG EAST teams in a 20-game double round robin format. This 20-game format has been in place since 2020-21, however, the Pirates have yet to play a full 20-game conference schedule due to cancellations.
- Seton Hall will begin its conference schedule at home against Providence on Dec. 17. The Pirates’ first BIG EAST game last season was against the Friars but at Providence. It will be the first time the Pirates have opened at home against the Friars since the 2000-01 season. It is also the fourth time in the past six seasons that The Hall’s conference opener has been held at home.
- The Hall Conference’s first road games are at Xavier on Dec. 20, and the Pirates have won four straight at Cintas Center. They haven’t won five consecutive road games against a BIG EAST opponent since beating Rutgers five straight at Piscataway from 2008-2012.
- Seton Hall will host St. John’s on December 31 for the third time since 2014, and the Pirates have won each of the first two New Year’s Battles in 2014 and 2017. This is the seventh time the program will play the BIG EAST home game on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
- Five of Seton Hall’s home games in the BIG EAST fall on a Saturday or Sunday, including each of the first three. The Pirates will host Providence, St. John’s, Butler and Marquette on a Saturday and host DePaul on a Sunday. For fans who consider Friday a weekend game, Xavier visits the Prudential Center on a Friday.
- In what has become THE GREAT EAST’s main rivalry, Seton Hall and Villanova will face off twice in The Hall’s final six games. The Pirates will face Villanova at the Wells Fargo Center for the fifth time in the past six years.
- Seton Hall’s final conference game of the year is on the road for the eighth time in the past 10 years and at Providence for the first time since 2009-10.
- The BIG EAST tournament presented by Jeep will be played at Madison Square Garden for the 41st consecutive year. Won by the Pirates three times, most recently in 2016, it is college basketball’s longest running postseason championship at one location.
- Since 2016, Seton Hall is 3-0 against non-conference opponents and 14-6 overall at “The World’s Most Famous Arena.”