Prado converts as Tigers hand Green Bay first loss of season
MEMPHIS, TN – The Memphis Tiger men’s soccer team picked up a decisive win tonight by shutting out the UW-Green Bay Phoenix with a 1-0 victory.
After today’s game, Memphis is down to 2-1-1 for the season.
- A defensive battle for both teams, Memphis challenged the Green Bay goaltender early with shots from Brandon Bracket, Marcus Larikka and Jovan Prado in the first half.
- Colin Welsh would make back-to-back saves in the 65′ and 67′ to keep the Phoenix off the board.
- Jovan Prado scored the winning goal in the 81st penalty.
- Memphis shot nine on goal tonight against two for Green Bay.
- Prado now leads the team with two goals this season.
- Six different Memphis players fired shots tonight.
- The Tigers will return to the Track & Soccer Complex on Saturday, September 17 when they open the American Athletic Conference game against SMU. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with game coverage available on ESPN+ and GoTigersGo.com.
- Memphis will continue its home stand on Tuesday, September 20 by hosting Central Arkansas for its International Night. Kick-off is scheduled for 6 p.m.